Edible forest gardens are edible ecosystems that mimic the structure and function of natural forests, while producing food and other useful products. Get a glimpse into the planning and design that goes into creating low maintenance food producing landscapes. Rain date Sunday, Sept. 14.
Matt Bowman of Oasis Edible Landscapes is a certified teacher of permaculture and a twice certified permaculture designer who has been farming and gardening for the last seven years. He hopes to assist in the transformation of St. Lawrence County by increasing ecological function and food production.
- An RSVP is necessary due to limited attendance and the need to purchase materials.
- Email us at LocalLivingVenture@gmail.com to RSVP for your spot -- include your phone number(s) and the number in your party -- and we will send you the location and other pertinent information.
- There is a suggested donation for this unique event of $27 general, $50 couple (with one mushroom bag), $15 student to cover our material costs and to benefit Local Living Venture workshop creation.
- Workshop income is the sole current source of support for our small, hardworking staff who are managed by full time volunteers. We are dedicated to sharing resourceful living skills with the community in symbiotic ways.
- Partial scholarship (not including material costs) is available when you RSVP and no one would be turned away for lack of funds.
- Please note if you are a friend of Oasis when you register so your contributions can be routed appropriately.