~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The Local Living Venture looks forward to a fun and informative session with Bill Ramsey. Bill will be teaching PMTS (Primary Movement Teaching Systems) for downhill skiing with shaped skis.
This method is beneficial for ALL AGES and types of beginning skier -- with a focus especially on the older athlete, though young and old will benefit!
If you want to join us, please email us at LocalLIvingVenture@gmail.c
Direct Parallel "Shaped" Skiing for Beginners
Sunday, March 15, 1 - 3 pm
Please arrive 15 minutes early for registration.
WHAT ARE "SHAPED" SKIS?
SHOULD I BRING MY OLD SKIS?
Yes, bring your skis, whether 'straight' or 'shaped', if you have them. If you do not have skis and boots, please try to bring a set of poles to get the most out of this session.
Direct Parallel "Shaped" Skiing requires less demand on your body. You do not have to unlearn the wedge & stem method, and you will find that Bill’s teaching technique will be easy to understand -- he will tailor assignments so that you can improve your skills and be able to use the design of a shaped ski as it is intended.
Here are some links that may help you learn more about shaped skis:
Difference Between Shaped Skis and Straight
Shape Ski Brief Primer
Bill Ramsey of Hidden Meadow Inn has been skiing since the 70's. In the late 80's he became a PSIA level 2 instructor. Bill has taught at Mt. Hood Oregon, Fairbanks Alaska and Titus Mountain in Malone NY, where he currently provides certified instruction.
Appreciated, not required - but limited attendance means first-come, first served!
Drop-in's are welcome, though at risk of the session being full. To RSVP for a guaranteed spot, contact LocalLivingVenture@gmail.com or (315) 347-4223. Please state which event and leave name(s), email, and phone number(s) for a confirmation by email.
- A $20 donation level for workshop attendance is suggested for adults, with a discount to $35 for a couple/family of two, $10 for students.
- Class size is limited, so attendees will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, with pre-registered participants receiving first priority
- Donations can be made by cash or check to "Local Living Venture" and will be collected on site during registration. Reduced Rate / Scholarships are available upon request.
- Please note that our generous Presenters are volunteers donating their time to support the Local Living Venture, and this is a major means of support for our community organization.
ADDRESS & DIRECTIONS
Hidden Meadow Inn Bed & Breakfast
1950 Sober St.
Norfolk, NY 13667
For directions from all points and to view a Google map: http://
- Coming from Potsdam follow CR 56 north towards Norwood. Continue on CR 56 to Norfolk.
- Once in Norfolk take a Left onto West Main / CR 38 (note the orange lawn sign directing you to the 'Workshop Site.')
- You will immediately cross the bridge over the Raquette River, then travel approximately 3/4 of a mile.
- Just before Sabad’s Restaurant is Sober Street on the Left, where you will see another directional orange lawn sign.
- Turn L onto Sober Street and travel almost one mile to turn in to their driveway on the left, at 1950 Sober Street.
- There is a large sign for Hidden Meadow Inn just past the driveway.
Warning on GPS: Either use the coordinates provided at this site or verify with a paper map! If you plan to use mobile mapping devices, please allow extra time for the rural snafu's they encounter, such as not distinguishing between a town and a village of the same name. You may also print out or use a real County Map http://
There is plenty of space to park in the parking area of the driveway.
WEAR / BRING
Please bring shaped skis, boots and poles. Older style skis will work too. If you don't have skis & boots, bring some poles. This is an outdoor event so please dress accordingly, in layers that can be removed as you warm up, and wear appropriate foot wear and ski clothing to tackle potential deep snow.
In the event of weather that interferes with the workshop, we will contact you at the number we show for you in the Subject line of this email - at least one hour prior to the start of the workshop if we are canceling for the day.
Jackie’s home number is 315-353-8804. Email sent in the 24-36 hours prior to the event may not be read in time, FYI, so please both call and write if it's getting close to the event.
If you have any other questions please just ask. We look forward to seeing you there!
This workshop's Facebook EVENT PAGE * Please 'Share!'
LLV Facebook Page * Please 'Like' Us!
See other upcoming Local Living Venture events at HERE.
Bed & Breakfast
Hidden Meadow Inn on Facebook
THE Local Living Venture MISSION
The Local Living Venture coordinates near-weekly resourceful Living Skills Workshops sharing traditional rural and simple living skills for a healthy and capable community.
We collaborate in presenting life-long learning events with generous community members who have skills and knowledge to share.
Our brand new website, at www.LocalLivingVenture.org, is made possible by a grant from the Northern New York Community Foundation.
Bill Ramsey on the slopes, old style!
Norfolk, NY 13667