~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Join us as Marc Porcaro demonstrates how to make both Kimchi and Kombucha and explains the calming benefits of creating wellness foods in the comfort of your own kitchen.
Mix spiciness, sweetness, sourness, bitterness & saltiness = KIMCHI Bonus: Learn to brew the ancient elixir of kombucha! Detailed instructions will be provided along with step by step demonstrations. Kombucha 'mother' (needed as a 'starter' when making it on your own) and some prepared kombucha will be available. Kimchi will be available at a later date.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about how to incorporate Lacto-Fermented foods for gut health in your daily diet - inexpensively at home!
Saturday, June 13, 2015
2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Hannawa Falls/Potsdam,NY (see below to register for the exact location please.)
Marc came from the lowlands to the highlands to work as a school counselor in the Adirondacks. He and his life partner established a symbiotic colony on High Street in Brasher Falls and have been fermenting & meditating there for nearly 20 years. Although Marc no longer works at St. Regis Falls, he never lost his passion to make others smile. If Marc is not in the kitchen you can find him out the back door and in his sweet little piece of the great outdoors! - - - >
Marc writes that he chooses to feel well, be well and live longer to enjoy the beauty. Fermenting and meditating keeps Marc smiling!
· For this unique learning experience, a $27 general public, $50 couples, $17 student donation is requested to cover overhead expenses and to benefit Local Living Venture non-profit workshop creation.
· Every attendee will receive a "MUSHROOM" or Kombucha starter (worth $20!) to take home, please bring your own sterilized jar with a tight fitting lid for transport.
· Donations can be made by cash or check to "Local Living Venture" and will be collected on site during registration. .
· Please note that our generous Presenters are volunteers donating their time to support the Local Living Venture, and this is a major means of support for our community organization.
RSVP IS NECESSARY
Due to limited space, you will need to register for this hands-on workshop in advance. There will likely be a wait list (first-come, first served if there are cancellations), so please register soon!
Send email to LocalLivingVenture@gmail.c
Please note the number in party, contact phone number and email address when reserving.
Email confirmation will be sent to all registrants within 24-48 hours.
Hannawa Falls, NY (four miles from Potsdam.) Exact details, including directions, will be included in the RSVP Confirmation that is sent to all registered participants. Email us with your phone number at LocalLivingVenture@gmail.com.
Potsdam Food Co-op
Adirondack Kombucha Brewers CSA!
UPCOMING EVENTS SCHEDULE
* See other upcoming Local Living Venture events
Please 'Share' this Facebook Event Page with your friends!
Please " L I K E " the Local Living Venture Facebook Page.
THE L L V MISSION
The Local Living Venture coordinates near-weekly resourceful Living Skills Workshops sharing traditional rural and simple living skills for a healthy and capable community.
We collaborate in presenting life-long learning events with generous community members who have skills and knowledge to share.
Our brand new website, at www.LocalLivingVenture.org, is made possible by a grant from the Northern New York Community Foundation.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
PHOTO CREDITS: Adirondack Kombucha Brewers CSA