Saturday, September 27, 2 - 4 pm
With Daniel Martin of Martin's Needham Road Farmstand near Potsdam, NY.
Walk the fertile fields at Daniel and Mendy Martin's farm while Daniel tells his story "about a bit of what I have learned about weed management, cover crops, and tillage" on their Mennonite farmstead. As we walk he would also show some of the equipment that is used on the farm, explain how they work and why they use them. There will be time to answer questions as we move about also. There aren't too many more successful market gardeners than Daniel Martin - we will all surely take away knowledge from this session to last a lifetime!
The farmstead businesses are managed by Daniel and Mendy Martin. Stop by and visit them May – November, Monday – Saturday, between 10am - 6pm. You will find a large, ever changing, selection of chemical-free produce when it is in season. In addition to their farm stand, they established an online market to offer their customers another option in finding fresh, locally grown produce.
Registration and Donation
- There is a suggested donation for this unique experience of $17 general admission, $30 for a couple, $7 student, to benefit Local Living Venture workshop creation.
- Workshop income is the sole current source of support for our small, hardworking staff who are managed by full time volunteers. Your contributions are much appreciated! We are dedicated to sharing resourceful living skills with the community in symbiotic ways.
- Registration for this informative workshop is recommended in advance at LocalLivingVenture@gmail.com.
- Please include the number of people in your party and the best phone number(s) to reach you at that day if needed.
- Walk-in's are welcome on site at 1:45 pm at the Needham Road Farm Stand, just off of Rt. 11B (4 miles east of Potsdam) at 11 Needham Rd. - there is plenty of directional signage for the "Martin's Needham Road Market."
- In the event of a rain date or postponement, we will notify pre-registered attendees of the changes.
- Dress for the outdoors, bring drinking water, hat, sunglasses as needed, and wear shoes that are okay for walking in the fields and furrows.
Potsdam, NY 13676