This is a hands-on, how to workshop for beginners, presented by the Local Living Venture and Mike Corse of Deep Root Mushroom Farm, to be held indoors at their new mushroom growing facility!
Saturday, November 3
1 - 3:30 pm
Madrid, NY (see 'To Register' below for details.)
Please 'Share' this event with your Facebook friends!
You will receive an introduction / crash course in Fungi and Fungi cutivation! There will be a demonstration of Oyster mushrooms cultivated in straw, this time using the hot water pasteurization method.
Hands-on grey oyster mushroom cultivation will follow where you will create your very own oyster mushroom grow kit to take home with you! One ready-to-grow mushroom kit is included in the workshop, additional kits are available for $15 each as well (please reserve extra kits when registering.)
Additionally, there will be a tour of the inner workings of Deep Root Mushroom Farm to include the lab, incubation chamber and, of course, the "mush"room!
- For this unique learning experience, a $32 general public, $60 couple/family of two, $20 student donation is requested for material costs, to cover overhead expenses and to benefit Local Living Venture non-profit workshop creation.
- Participants will go home with your own starter bag of oyster mushrooms, included in the cost of the workshop!
- Additional bags are available from Deep Root Mushroom Farm for $15 each. Please also note, if any, the number of extra ready-to-grow kits you'd like (one per person is included in the workshop.)
- Donations can be made by cash or check to "Local Living Venture" and are collected on site during registration.
- Reduced Rate / Scholarships are available upon request, keeping in consideration that there are material costs for this workshop. Donations are collected on site.
Please note that our Presenters are generous volunteers donating their time to support the Local Living Venture, because your donation is a major means of our support as a small community organization.
Send email to LocalLivingVenture@gmail.c
If last minute, try (315) 261-1926, text preferred (no voicemail.)
Please note the workshop name, number in party, contact phone number(s) and email address when reserving. Please also note, if any, the number of extra ready-to-grow kits you'd like (one per person is included in the workshop, $15 value each.)
Email confirmation with location, directions, and FAQ will be sent to all registrants within 24-48 hours.
*~_\:/_~* *~_\:/_~* *~_\:/_~* *~_\:/_~* *~_\:/_~* *~_\:/_~*
THE L L V MISSION
T h e L o c a l L i v i n g V e n t u r e
Sharing Knowledge from the Past ~ Building Skills for the Future
Coordinating near-weekly Resourceful Living Skills Workshops, community events and information exchanges - sharing traditional rural and simple living skills for a healthy and capable community.
We collaborate in presenting these life-long learning events with generous community members who have skills and knowledge to share.
The Local Living Venture is coordinated entirely by volunteers.
With a small staff, and your support, we make big things happen!
Serious Fun * Delightful Education
Full Events Schedule
Please 'Like' the LLV on Facebook (if you are so inclined)