A pattern, instructions and tutoring will be provided in this hands-on workshop. You will leave with a beautiful utility apron, hand made by you!
Learn to sew a handy three-pocket utility apron, from your own 2 yards of non-stretchy fabric, which can include recycled clothing you have on hand, or use fabric Marcia has collected -- recycling and re-using is one of her missions and passions.
An apron is useful to have when working on your favorite hobby, baking, cooking, grilling, and much more.
Bring your own sewing machine if you have one! Marcia will also share her knowledge about sewing machine maintenance, troubleshooting, and simple repairs as these things come up during the session.
Presenter Marcia Cox is part of a network of enthusiastic seamstresses in St. Lawrence County. She is eager to pass on her knowledge and commitment to utilizing recyclable materials while creating useful everyday items. She has been teaching sewing techniques for twenty years.
Please bring with you, if you can:
Your sewing machine
Pins, scissors, thread, and tape measure
Two yards of non-stretchy fabric (recycled materials are encouraged)
Most of these materials will also be available on site, due to Marcia's generosity, if you need them. If you do not have a sewing machine, please let us know so we can bring one for you. There will not be "spares" on hand, please let us know if you need one.
ADMISSION and SERIES DETAILS
* For this unique learning experience, a $20 general public, $35 couple, $10 student donation is requested to cover overhead expenses and to benefit Local Living Venture non-profit workshop creation.
* Donations can be made by cash or check to "Local Living Venture" and are collected on site during registration. Reduced Rate / Scholarships are available upon request.
* Please note that our generous Presenters are volunteers donating their time to support the Local Living Venture, and this is a major means of support for our community organization.
AN RSVP IS NECESSARY
There is an attendance limit on this workshop. Pre-registration is required. The exact location, directions, and what to wear or bring will be sent to all registered participants.
Send an email to LocalLivingVenture@gmail.com and please include:
* Your phone number where we can reach you that day in the unlikely event of postponement
* The number in your party (and their names, if applicable.)
* If you will need to have Marcia bring a sewing machine for you to use.
Email confirmation will be sent to all registrants within 24-48 hours.
The exact venue in Potsdam, NY will be emailed to all registered attendees.
Our FACEBOOK EVENT POST * for your information - and please Share widely!
UPCOMING EVENTS SCHEDULE
See other upcoming Local Living Venture events here! LocalLivingVenture.org/events/month
PLEASE " L I K E " OUR FACEBOOK PAGE!
The Local Living Venture coordinates near-weekly resourceful Living Skills Workshops sharing traditional rural and simple living skills for a healthful and capable community. Our brand new website, at www.LocalLivingVenture.org, is made possible by a grant from the Northern New York Community Foundation.
Local Living Venture photo
Working on our projects at the November 12, 2014 workshop with Marcia Cox entitled:
Sewing 101 * A Make and Take! PLUS Sewing Machine Maintenance & Troubleshooting.